Everyone knows that the world of beauty is fast catching up with the world of fashion, at both A/W & S/S fashion weeks, not only are the clothes important, but the makeup and hair also play a huge part in the overall look. In the last few years alone the makeup and hair seen in the shows occasionally even eclipse the clothing.
With various new trends sure to come to the forefront of the beauty world, we also have a few that are also in trend at the moment and for the coming spring/summer. I am going to talk you through one of my favourites and show you how you can achieve the looks at home.
So minimal has come around again as it always does and I mean who can complain? There’s hardly any effort needed to attain this look, yes amazingly high cheekbones, luscious full lips and amazing skin obviously helps, but I mean who needs those, right? The reason I love this look personally is because I really believe everyone is beautiful and the best way to show that off is to apply only products that enhance your beauty, yet being subtle at the same time. Using absolute minimal makeup will help you enhance the features you love. It lets your true complexion and beauty shine through.
(image by ‘beautyeditor.ca’)
(image from ‘harpersbazaar.com’ )
(image from ‘ wardrobetrendfashion.com’ )
Here’s how I would achieve this look…
HAIR: leave your locks the way they are naturally, whether they are straight, wavy or curly, just use a shine control oil, to help tame the fizz and add a little shine to your hair.
Now let’s begin with the makeup;
1. Apply a tinted moisturiser to your skin, this will help you moisturize your face as well smoothen out your skin tone (to achieve this look to its best we need a very good base)
2. This is not a necessary step, but for those who would like some extra coverage to conceal any dark circles or blemishes. You may apply some concealer, just be sure not to make it to heavy, just enough to cover what you need.
3. Grab a peach or pastel pink coloured blusher (matte works better) and dab a small amount using your fingers just onto the tops of your cheeks and gradually upwards towards your temples, make sure there’s not a long pink streak, blend it all out so it appears as a natural blush to your face.
4. Next use either white or nude eyeliner, line the waterline, this will help open up your eyes.
5. A clear mascara would be ideal but again if you want to add a little colour then opt for brown not black, coat both top and bottom lashes.
6. I personally like to add a little highlighter to the tops of my cheekbones, choose any highlighter you prefer you could even use plain old white eye shadow, as you will only be dabbing on a small amount just across the top of your cheekbones, this time apply using a brush.
7. This is not a necessary step, I would leave my eyebrows the way they are and just groom them into place, however if you need to darken them a little, you may but no harsh lines, try soften them out as best you can.
8. Lastly! All you need to do now is add a little colour to your lips, a light pink coloured gloss or matte lipstick can be applied, do not apply to much colour, just a subtle hint will do the trick and voila there you go, pretty as a peach.